Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

This week has been yuck-y! Just when going to the park and enjoying the beautiful weather outside had become a regular occurrence, Mother Nature throws a curve ball, and I have not seen the park in far too long. On the bright side, I got to wear the new raincoat that Aunt Stephanie got for me. Now, I didn't actually get wet, or even come close to getting wet, so it was more of a fashion statement than a necessity. It is still a little big, which is a rarity when it comes to me and clothing, but that just means I will get to wear it for many more rainy days to come. Although the outside activities were a no-go this week, I still managed to have lots of fun. I played with my stuffed animal friends who live in my Moses basket, learned to pull the rings off of the Rock n' Stack, and practiced rolling over, which is now a piece of cake (mmmm...cake...). Mom and I ran lots of errands this week, and I got to pick out a birthday gift for my Godsister, Reese. Mom and I put a beach bag together for her, complete with bathing suit, sunglasses, beach hat, sunscreen, pool float, boats, and swim diapers. I am sure that she will love it because I have impeccable taste - my Aunt Stephanie swears that I get my gift of shopping from her. I went over to Hudson's house and hung out with him and Brayden while Mommy and Ms. Allyson had lunch. We decided to form a band and eat...I mean play some instruments from our repertoire. Hudson and I make one hot, chunky couple. We know what is important in life - food. Hudson and Brayden have tons of fun toys! I even sat up by myself for a few seconds; although, I still need a little help to sit up for any length of time. Then Ms. Teri came over and played with me for a couple of hours. I showed her some of my new tricks, like raspberries and pulling the rings off of the stacker. Overall, the week went pretty well, and I did not let the nasty weather get the best of me. Everyone who knows me is amazed by my ability to go with the flow and make the best of a bad situation; I even impress myself. (HA!)

Tomorrow, I will be attending my first big birthday party to honor Miss Reese, and I cannot wait to wear my new Polo dress that Grandma Purnell got for me and play with all of the other kids. I'll let you know how it goes; I am sure that I will be the life of the party.

1 comment:

spurnell said...

Love the raincoat on her! She needs some rain bots to go with it.