Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Keeping up with the Joneses

Mom's best friend of 24 years, Kelli Jones, and her family came to town this weekend to celebrate my Godsister's 1st birthday, and boy, did we celebrate. Although it was a little chilly on Sunday, we continued the Easter-themed celebration without concern. There were so many new friends to make at the party, and I couldn't look like a baby, even as the youngest person in attendance, so I showed off a bit by sitting up all by myself to enjoy the craziness, as well as the plastic eggs. I even skipped my nap so that I wouldn't miss a thing. Naps are for babies; although, I am sure as the afternoon continued Mom wished that I hadn't foregone that nap. I think that Reese had a blast opening gifts and getting a pink bunny nose, but the best part of the day was definitely the cake. Oh, how I wish I could get just one small bite to curb the craving. At least I now know that cake is a 1st birthday rite of passage - only about 6 months to go and then you shall be mine, delicious, sugary frosting. Reese took full advantage of her cupcake wait. Reese and I played together a little; however, I was more interested in figuring out what she had in that sippy cup. I can't help it that I have a one track mind at this point. Next time I will try not to be so distracted as I am sure we will continue to hang out and play throughout the years. As the night went on, we decided to turn the party up, but Reese's tolerance is a little low, like one sip low, and Dad wouldn't let me get my lips around his beer bottle. Parents - they ruin everything! (It's a joke - I promise; don't call child services.)
When all was said and done, the party was quite a success. In fact, Reese was passed out before all of the guests had even left, and I passed out as soon as I got home. In fact, I was so tired that I couldn't even pry my eyes open long enough to finish dinner - now, that is tired! First big birthday bash - check - Amazing!


Happy Birthday, Reese!





Mom and Kelli got to go out and party on Monday night, and because Dad was in a big meeting most of the night, I got to hang out with Grandma; however, it wasn't as fun as normal because I got a cold from the weekend of partying. All good things must come with a price. Thanks for taking care of me and my boogery nose, Grandma. Today, I am just going to hang around the house and get some much needed rest.

By the way, there was a glimpse of the beautiful warm sun yesterday, and I took full advantage with a trip down to the park with Opie. Now, back to the gloom and doom until the next time the sun decides to come out and brighten my day, literally. I just hope that it is sunny for Easter because I am so ready to hunt some eggs and get a visit from the Easter Bunny.

1 comment:

spurnell said...

Looks like Olivia had fun at the b-day party. She and Reese look cute hanging out together. It will be her turn before you know it. Love the picture of her sitting on the couch looking up at the camera. She looks so pretty. Awesome sun hat, btw.