Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I love weekends!

I spent another glorious weekend enjoying the outdoors: the sun, the hats, the walks, the people... I love it all! On Saturday, Dad went golfing with a bunch of guys, so Mom took me down to the Virginia Highlands for a ladies' lunch thanks to Mrs. Melissa. I was just one of the girls hanging out on the patio at Neighbor's - the youngest girl, by far, but one of the gals nonetheless. Mrs. Heather and Mrs. Teri took turns holding me; there is barely enough of me to go around. I got to meet some other lovely ladies, like Mrs. Taylor and Mrs. Larin. Larin's son Jake came to keep the girls company, and he was so much fun, with the exception of the bunny ears that he gave me when I was getting my picture taken. He paid lots of attention to me, like all the boys do, and kept me quite entertained. I hope I get to hang out with him again soon. After lunch, Mom and I headed over to Little Five Points to see Aunt Stephanie. We took a really long walk to Aunt Stephanie's favorite new chocolate shop where I got to try a lick of icing, of which I want more. When I say a long walk, I mean a looong walk. I loved it, but I think Mom was a bit worn out after pushing me all the way there and all the way back on sidewalks not meant for a stroller. It was great to see Aunt Stephanie, as always, and I even got to see where she lives for the first time. I am so jealous that she gets to live down where all the action is; my new mission is to get Mom and Dad to move closer to the city. I got to see Uncle Ian, Mrs. Sharon, and Mr. Carl for a few minutes as well, and I made sure to flash them a couple of good smiles to hold them over until Easter. It was a great Saturday! Mom didn't even kill us while parallel parking; however, I kept my eyes closed, just in case.

The fun continued on into Sunday; Dad and I went to Mom's tennis match to support her and her team. I got to see Mrs. Teri again, which was quite a treat. I waited for Mom's match to begin for two hours while basking in the sun and hanging out with Dad, but wouldn't you know it, it started to rain before she even got to play. We hung out in the car for awhile hoping that the rain would stop, but it didn't, so we never got to see Mom play. I must say, however, that I even enjoyed hanging out in the car while it rained. Mrs. Teri is very funny! I love being out and about, and I was perfect all weekend long!

Of course, after the beautiful weekend, it SNOWED today - ridiculous! I have pinpointed Georgia's weakness: horribly fickle weather. I hope that it is pretty this coming weekend because we are supposed to have an Easter celebration, and I want to hunt for some eggs. I'm not sure what the point of this tradition is, but I'll go along with it in the hopes of getting something yummy in one of those eggs. Gotta keep the dream alive.

As a quick update, I am now very good at sitting up, and Mom got me some really neat toys to entice me. I am finally getting to taste different fruits; bananas are pretty good, and I'll let you know how pears go later this week. I also tried sweet potatoes again with no reaction; no food can stop me! As a parting note, I have now decided that seeing people upside down is hilarious. Tah-tah!

1 comment:

Allison said...

She is growing so fast! We need to get together again soon so the kids can catch up!