Monday, February 2, 2009

A Rockin' and a Rollin'

Life has been pretty rockin' lately! Last Thursday I went and hung out with my buddy, Hudson, but he slept almost the entire time, and I had to amuse myself - just like a man not to plan ahead of time and get plenty of sleep so as to entertain me. Good thing Hudson has a lot of cool toys. I tried out his Rainforest Jumperoo, and it was the craziest thing; just like above my bed at home, there were these birds spying on me. I stared them down to let them know that I was wise to their surveillance. I couldn't quite figure out how to get the jumperoo to bounce up and down, but mom helped me get it going. I must say that it seemed to be a good source of exercise; I must get one to help me keep my girlish figure, rolls and all.


On Saturday, Grandma came up to visit; she missed me, like I can blame her. I got to wear the awesome Lucky jacket that Aunt Mallory got me for Christmas; it is still a little big, but I couldn't wait any longer. Mom and dad took Grandma to lunch, and I threw a little hissy fit in the restaurant; I mean they get to eat real, fragrant food, and then they expect me to be satisfied with a bottle - how rude! When we got home from lunch, I entertained myself with a little exersaucer time and some naked bouncy chair time. Check out this body; you know you are jealous! All in all it was a pretty rockin' Saturday, and I didn't even know about the party that I would be attending the following day.

On Sunday, mom and dad took me to a Super Bowl party at Justin and Teri's house. Had I known that I would be meeting new people and entertaining old friends on Sunday, I would not have partied so hard on Saturday. By the time we got to the party, I was exhausted, and I couldn't help giving the guests a little taste of grumpy Livie. I don't think they minded because everyone, including Mrs. Trish and Mrs. Heather, still wanted to hold me; oh, how wonderful it is to be one of the beautiful people in life. Anyways, I was so tired that I didn't even make it to kickoff. I'm not too upset though because dad's team didn't even win.


So, that was my rockin' weekend - now, on to the rollin'. Mom has been torturing me lately by making me lay on my stomach, which, by the way, seems pointless to me; I would much rather be laying on my play mat with all of my wonderful friends, like dragonfly, fish, and octopus, hanging above me. On Sunday afternoon, I was laying on my back, voicing my distaste with the situation when all of a sudden I ended up on my back. Mom applauded - she is so weird - and told me that I had rolled over for the first time. Now, I'm a rockin' and a rollin'! I rolled over once more, but I made sure to remain very angry as I did it, for effect. Mom tried all day on Monday to catch my roll on film, but I am not a pet, and I will not roll over on command - take that mom. Opie, however, rolled over several times to appease mom, suck up! I cannot figure him out; he seems a little dumb; I mean he licks the carpet for God sakes! I think that mom is still going to post the video of my not rolling over because I must say that I do look awfully cute. Maybe, if she does something really nice, like give me a freakin' cookie, I may allow her to catch a roll on camera; we'll just have to see.





All of the rockin' and rollin' this weekend really wore me out!

No comments: