Monday, January 26, 2009

I feel yucky!

This weekend was not very fun! I started feeling yucky on Saturday night. My nose is all stuffed up; I'm running a fever, and I keep coughing; mom stayed awake almost all night on Saturday with her ear to the monitor because she was worried about me. Of course, the first time that I sick is on the weekend, and my doctor's office isn't open on Sunday, so mom and dad called the on-call nurse Sunday morning, and she told them to take me to the Pediatric Urgent Care Center (she also told them to take my temperature in a not so pleasant place, but I am trying to permanently block that out). I thought that they were being a little dramatic, as did the doctor who chalked it up to being first-time parents, but I guess my vote doesn't count. We got there before it opened so that we would be the first in line - I don't want to hang around with sick people any longer than necessary - but there was already a line of like 7 or 8 families waiting outside. Apparently, the urgent care center is the place to be on Sunday mornings. It wasn't actually that bad. There was this big fish tank with all kinds of swimming creatures; I told them that I like water too, bath water that is. The fishes didn't seem to care. All of the nurses loved me; can you blame them? Mom knew the doctor - leave it to her to know the horrible guy who pokes and prods me. I decided not to give him a smile; even though, he tried really hard to get one out of me. He pretty much told mom and dad to just watch me because there is nothing they can do at this point. Can you believe that? They are just going to leave me feeling miserable and do nothing about it, the nerve! I am, however, going to milk this thing as long as possible. Mom rocked me to sleep yesterday, which she never does, and every time I even whimper, mom or dad pick me up and cuddle me. Maybe this sick business is not so bad, except that I can't breath out of my little nose, and sneezing gets old after awhile. However, I know mom and dad can't wait until I feel better because I must admit that I am a bit grumpier than usual. Can you blame me?

On happier note, the world becomes more and more amusing everyday. I have decided that I really like this whole smiling deal. Here are some of the things that make me smile: funny faces ala mom and dad; people sticking their tongues out at me; my friends, fish and octopus, who hang out above me on my play mat; the bears who stare down at me when I am in my bassinet; some of my favorite shows, like "Baby Einsteins", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse", and "Go, Diego, Go"; mom's horrible singing; my own reflection - I must say that I am hilarious, yet the funniest of all is still getting my diaper changed - suckers! I continue to only give everyone a taste of my laugh; I'll save the big laugh for something worthy. Until then, here is a big smile to brighten your week.






No comments: