Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I don't know why mom and dad are so happy!

This past weekend was quite an exciting weekend, both for me and the parents. Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Ian came to visit on Saturday, and Aunt Stephanie fed me my bottle. She has never fed a baby before; I could kind of tell because she kept shaking the bottle every time I took even a few seconds break. I didn't mind though; food is food, and it was nice to hang out with her. Aunt Stephanie carried me around for a long time, and Uncle Ian took lots of pictures of me; I am so special!

On Sunday, mom and dad took all of the Christmas decorations down and cleaned the house. I was sad to see all of the shiny decorations and bright lights go bye-bye, but I didn't let it get me down. I partied like a rockstar all day; I played on my ocean mat, watched a little TV from my Bumbo chair, ran errands with dad, and tried to sit up on my own a couple of times; I am bound and determined to have the sitting up thing down within the next month. If I just didn't have such a heavy head... Anyways, it was a really fun day.

All of the weekend action really wore me out, so on Sunday night, mom put me in my really comfy, beautiful pj's that Aunt Stephanie bought me, and I fell fast asleep around 7:30. Dad got me up at 10:30 for my last bottle before he went to bed, and I was so tired that I couldn't even open my eyes while I ate; oh, the life I lead is awesome - eating with my eyes closed and all. I went right back to bed after my bottle like always, but instead of waking mom up at 3:30 to eat, I decided to get a good night's sleep, and I didn't get up until 7 a.m. I don't know why mom was so excited; she just kept telling me what a big girl I am; well, duh, I know that. I guess mom and dad didn't think that I would sleep through my 3:30 a.m. feeding again because when I slept all the way to 6:30 a.m. again on Tuesday, they were really happy. I don't know why my sleeping to get my beauty rest is so exciting. I may or may not keep it up; we'll see how good mom and dad are over the next couple of days. I do know that all that sleep really put me in a good mood, and I have a lot more energy, so I have been "talking" a lot over the last couple of days (excuse the sideways view on the video; mom hasn't quite figured out the video recorder on the camera). What can I say, my big girl bed is very roomy and comfortable, and I am a big girl now!

On a side note, the amazing picture that Ms. Sharon painted to match my room looks great! I love it! I'm only 13 weeks old, and already, all of the artwork in my room is custom, from the photograph that JP took to the bird that Sharon painted - nothing but the best for me! It's not called spoiled; I just have very good taste.

1 comment:

spurnell said...

Those videos are great! I hope I can get her to talk next time I see her. I have to say that those pjs I got her make her even cuter than usual. Funnily enough, I also tell people that I'm not spoiled, I just have excellent taste.

Love ya.