Saturday, January 3, 2009

Looking Forward to 2009!

Happy New Year! This is going to be a big year for me; I already know it. Grandma came and stayed with me on New Year's Eve so that mom and dad could have a night out on the town, part of which they spent watching Georgia Tech get killed in the Chick-fil-a Bowl at the Dome. We partied Olivia-style as you can see from the pictures. I didn't quite make it to midnight after my 10:30 feeding, but Opie and Baxter woke Grandma and me up at 1:00 a.m. by barking at people setting off fireworks in the neighborhood. There they go messing up my beauty sleep again.




Anyways, I am really looking forward to 2009. I have been told that many exciting things are probably going to happen this year. On New Year's Day, I already started gaining more independence; it was the first time that I slept all night in my own room. Mom was way more upset about it than I was; I loved stretching out in the big bed. No more bassinet for me. As for the rest of the year, I am hoping to figure out the whole remote control thing so that I can watch something other than football, which dad makes me watch with him; oh, Disney channel, where are you? I plan on becoming mobile at some point this year, which I will start working on as soon as I figure out how to sit up on my own; look out house, here I come! Hopefully, I will also learn to say a few words; this screaming to get what I want isn't working very well anymore. I am taking a water class in April with mom to get myself ready to go to the pool this summer. Plus, to top it all off, I've heard of this awesome thing called a 1st birthday party; a whole day dedicated to me (like everyday isn't) - I can't wait. I want a really big cake shaped like my favorite thing, my pacifier.


I also have a lot of big events coming up early on this year. In two weeks, mom and dad will be going to Colorado to go skiing, and I will get to stay 4 whole days with Grandma; let's see if she can survive this. I've been told to be on my best behavior...ha! In March, I will finally meet my Grandad and Grandma Trish, who are coming all the way from AZ to meet me. I am really excited; perhaps I will get to wear my Juicy Couture track suit that they bought for me since I am already 3 months ahead in clothing size. This summer will also be my first big car trip to WV to see my Grandpa and meet the rest of my relatives. I can't wait to see Grandpa; I haven't seen him since Thanksgiving, and I miss him a lot. I am also excited about meeting my Great-Grandma in WV.


Now, I have been told that I have to make a New Year's resolution, hmmm....my New Year's resolution is to stop doing my business as soon as my diaper comes OFF, at least until I am using the potty. This resolution is just for mom! My New Year's resolution to myself is to figure out a way to get my hands on some real food; I just want one cookie; is that really asking too much!?


I hope that everyone has a great 2009, and I can't wait to spend it with the friends and family whom I have already come to love.


So, now I am waving goodbye to 2008; the best year ever seeing that I was born!

1 comment:

Jasonmolinari said...

Involved dad FAIL :)

Cute girl!

jason