Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My First Thanksgiving


I just celebrated my first Thanksgiving at Grandma's house, and Aunt Mallory, her boyfriend, her friend Lauren, Aunt Stephanie, Uncle Ian, Mom, and Dad were all there. I got to wear my fun turkey day outfit that Mrs. Lisa got me. I was actually smaller than the turkey, not that I know why they were comparing me to a turkey. They tried to leave me in the Moses basket while they ate a huge feast, but I was not about to let that happen, so I made sure to cry until I got to join everyone at the table - no one puts baby in a corner. After dinner, everyone took turns holding me, and I got to do my favorite thing, fall asleep while being held; I didn't want dad to feel alone.
A couple of days after Thanksgiving, I found out some tragic news; I come from a divided household. My dad is a yellow jacket, and my mom is a bulldog. As is tradition, we watched the UGA vs. GA Tech football game; I cried because dad made me wear GT clothes and because UGA lost for the first time in 8 years; so sad, Georgia couldn't pull out a win for my first game! They'll have to win next year when I get to wear my UGA cheerleading outfit.

No comments: