Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Godparents

I have a big family who loves me so much, and come to find out, I also have godparents and a godsister. I must be pretty important. My godmother is one of my mom's best friends who has been a huge part of my mom's life since 4th grade. Her name is Kate, and she was there when I was born. Apparently, she is pretty neat; she has traveled all over the world, and she is pretty accomplished in the Wildlife community. I plan on sucking up to her so that she will take me somewhere cool someday. I am already following in my godmom's footsteps by becoming a tree hugger myself.
My godfather is James, who is one of my dad's closest friends. He eats dinner at our house at least once a week, and he and dad try to make money playing online poker; they aren't always very successful. James was a little nervous about holding me at first, but I think he is starting to get the hang of it now. He seems pretty laid back, which is cool with me.

I also am lucky enough to have a godsister. Her name is Reese, and she is about 6 months older than me. She is the daughter of my mom's other best friend, Kelli. They have been like sisters since they were 3, and now, Reese and I get to carry that friendship into the next generation. Unfortunately, Reese lives in Texas, but I got to meet her a couple of weeks ago, right before Thanksgiving. I cried most of the time - I'm blaming my stomach again - and she played the whole time. Reese, I promise next time I'll play too!

No comments: