Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm a big girl now - the ups and downs of growing up!

So, the last couple of days have cemented my status as a 2-month-old. Yesterday, mom finally let me take a nap in my big girl crib; I would have done it sooner, but I have already told you about my neurotic mother... The bed was quite comfy and BIG! I see the approaching light of saying goodbye to that cramped little bassinet next to my constantly snoring father. I try to out-snore him, and I do win, sometimes.
Anyways, back to my nap; I was entertained by these birds flying above my head. I have a feeling that they are spying on me, so I must make friends with them so that they never snitch on me for anything. My lamb got to come with me to the new room, which helped me fall asleep. I cried a little, just to make sure that they did not forget about me, and I made sure to cry even more whenever mom walked in the room, just to let her know that I wanted my privacy. I hope this becomes a regular thing; I already feel like Miss Independent - don't let mom know though; it might hurt her feelings.


Along with this new found independence, I have decided to start holding my head up all by myself. I want to make sure that my parents know what a big girl I am because I have heard a rumor that Christmas is coming, and I want some big girl toys.



After my bath the other night, mom and dad made me wear a robe around the house; take a step back people; I am not THAT old yet. Geesh, I have to guide these people in everything.

Now, the new sleeping arrangement is a welcomed change in growing up, but then the very mean rents had to knock me down a notch by taking me to the doctor today! It was terrible; I am scarred for life - no, really, I am! First, the doctor measured and weighed me while I was naked nonetheless, oh, the embarrassment of it all. He then told me that I am 22.75 inches long, which puts me in the 67th percentile for height, and 12 lb. 5 oz., which places me in the 84th percentile for weight. It just means that I am going to be an athlete; no jokes, please. To top it all off, my parents actually let these horrible people stick 5 needles in my legs. You have no idea the agony! The nurse put these colorful band aides on me, - check them out in my picture - like that makes up for anything; I think not! I have no idea why I was put through this torture; it must be some sort of sick way to test my maturity and strength as a 2-month-old; well, I screamed bloody murder - serves them right. Mom has told me several times since we got home what a strong and brave girl I am; although, I agree with her, I hope she does not think that this makes up for anything. She is on my bad list right now. Maybe, after a couple more meals, I will forgive her. Only time will tell. Well, the needles must have been some sort of mean way to get me to sleep because I feel really tired, so I must give in now and take a nap.

1 comment:

WinnieMT said...

Hi Olivia! Hi to your mom, Samantha, and your dad, my cousin, what's his name? Awesome blog little girl! Thanks for including me and my mom!

Wendy