Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades"

I am beyond busy this week helping Mom get ready for her and Dad's anniversary cruise and get me ready to stay with Grandma for 6 days. We've got lots of errands to run, packing to complete, and cleaning to do, so this will be a quick blog.

Mom and I spent every day last week at the pool with Lucas and Mrs. Allison, whose name I have finally gotten down; we like to go in the morning and stay for lunch before heading home for nap time. Trust me, a nap is a welcome event after a full morning at the pool. I am starting to get really brave in the water; I love to walk under the mushroom waterfall and climb the stairs under the sheet of water. I am also getting really good at kicking, and I went completely under water today. I still get a little freaked out when Mom tries to let go of me, but I am getting closer to trusting my water wings. Lucas is really good at floating with his, so that definitely makes the idea more appealing. Lucas and I both insist on going down the big slide about 20 times a day, and Lucas and I have decided that we always have to hold hands while walking to the slide. It garners lots of "Awwws" from onlookers; although, I do tend to drag him along. As soon as I wake up every morning, I ask for the pool; I am definitely a water girl, just like Mama, and I have the cutest little tan to prove it.






Mama, Dada, and I ate dinner on the patio at Buckhead Pizza while listening to the live music on Friday night. I clapped and cheered, "Hooray!" very loudly every time the band stopped playing while they were warming up; they took notice and definitely appreciated it. I also made a couple of new friends, who spoke French by the way, and the three of us had a ball dancing and giving each other daps, a.k.a. fist bumps, and high fives. The little girl was really sweet and wanted to play with me the whole time, but I, of course, was more interested in chasing down her little brother. I think that they were both impressed by my awesome dance moves, and I really enjoyed meeting them.


On Saturday, I stayed home and went to the pool with Dada while Mommy attended Mrs. Amy's baby shower. Mrs. Amy is Mama's best friend from college, and her baby is due at the beginning of September. We don't get to see Amy very much because she lives in Virginia, so we made sure to also meet her for lunch yesterday. I announced to anyone who would listen that we were meeting Amy while we were waiting for her to arrive, so she got a by-name welcome from one of the managers when she got there. I was so excited to see her; although, she did try to cut me out of the picture that she took of the three of us, but I did make it very hard for her to get a picture of me by telling her, "No!" every time she asked to take one, so I guess I deserved it. I was a little wild, but it was past nap time, so at least I wasn't melting down. Mrs. Amy, we can't wait to meet your little one, and it was so good to see you. You look wonderful!























Speaking of babies, which seems to be the constant topic nowadays, Mrs. Stephanie and Mr. Eric welcomed Madelyn Page Molletta yesterday, Monday, June 28. She was born at 7:48 a.m., weighing 8 lbs. and 4 oz. Mrs. Stephanie was only in labor for 6 hours total, which apparently is a big deal based on the number of people Mom has told. Mama and I got to meet Miss Madelyn today, and she is so cute and tiny. I'm a little put off that she already has more hair than me, but I guess that's just the story of my life. Mrs. Steph is doing great and looked so natural with Miss Madelyn; it's like she has always been here. Mr. Eric seems to be taking to the Dad role pretty well himself as well. I had to be, or tried to be, quiet in the hospital since Mom explained that you have to be quiet around babies when they are sleeping. I did say, "Hi, Baby" over and over, just to remind her of my presence. Miss Madelyn slept most or the time, but I did get to pat her on the head, gently, and give her a quick kiss. Mom was very proud of my behavior, which she told me again and again after we left, and even Mr. Eric commented on how well-behaved I am, but you have to be good in hospitals - don't cha know. Madelyn really is beautiful! Congrats Mrs. Steph and Mr. Eric; we are so happy for you guys.
























I got to see Aunt Mallory and Mr. James this weekend, which made me super happy. I even got to spend an entire day with just Dada on Saturday, during which we went down to the pool and saw Lucas and his Mommy and Daddy. The more friends and family I see on the weekends, the happier I am, and spending time with just Dada made the weekend even better. I totally idolize my Dada. In fact, I didn't get to see him two days last week, and when he got home from work on Friday, I got really excited and accidentally broke something in the bedroom. Dada called for Mama to come and get me, and I thought that he was mad at me, so I lost it. I cried so hard that I was sobbing, and I wouldn't let Dada pick me up; I would just lay on Mama's shoulder and shudder as I cried. Dada, you hurt my feelings. I don't care if Mama gets mad, but when you get mad at me, even though you didn't even really act mad towards me, my whole world shatters.

I copy everything that Mama does, and while we were running errands the other day, Mama hung her sunglasses from her shirt, so I have been tucking my sunglasses into my shirt, or into the seat belt harness when in the car, constantly for the past several days. I copy everything anyone says or does. I am a sponge at this point! I have had several strangers comment on my immense vocabulary and clear speech lately, so the copying must be working for me. Mom especially likes the way I say tomato. Oh, and I always check to make sure that everyone in the car is wearing a seat belt and everyone at the dinner table has his/her napkin in his/her lap. Just call me polite safety girl!

Well, I've gotta run, and I hate to break it to ya, but there probably won't be another blog for a couple of weeks since I will be beyond busy bossing Grandma around and getting my way about everything next week. Have a happy and safe 4th of July!

No comments: