Monday, June 21, 2010

Diaper Days of Summer

First and foremost, Happy Father's Day to the best Dada ever - my Dada! He makes me laugh; he chases me around; he kisses my boo-boos; he lets me get away with everything, and I love him so much! We basically turned this past weekend into a weekend for Daddy. We started off the weekend by running in the Run4Dad Prostate Cancer 5K. We did have to leave our house at 6:45 a.m. to get to the race, which is way too early for me, but Dada really wanted to run in it, so I didn't complain. A lady with crazy abs led a warm-up before the race, and I enthusiastically joined in on the high kicks, trunk twists, and squats, mostly because the teenage girls in front of me were doing it. I even gave a round of applause at the warm-ups' conclusion. I swear there were more people than are shown in the video below; they just dispersed as soon as the warm-up ended to get to the starting line, and I took my time. There is no way they would start the race without me. Although the race had only about 200 - 250 runners, it did make it on to the 11 Alive News. Why they didn't feature me during the warm-up segment is a total mystery since I was the cutest runner out there. This was the first official race in which I participated, and I got to stroll along while eating my snack as Mama pushed me the entire 3.12 miles. Dada stayed with us during the first half, but then we encouraged him to run ahead and compete since we knew that was what he really wanted to do. Dada came in at 30:51; Mama and I weren't too far behind with a time of 33:22. It was a lot of fun but not as much fun as brunch with Mrs. Teri. Since the race was down next to Perimeter Mall, Mrs. Teri was able to meet us for brunch afterwards. She has a baby in her belly, just like Aunt Stephanie. I enjoyed eating off of Mrs. Teri's plate; she is always so good to me. I'll cheese it up for you anytime, Mrs. Teri. Thanks for meeting up with us. After the race, Mom, Dad, and I ran a couple of errands and then went to the pool before it was time for a nap. Now, that was one busy morning! After nap, Grandma came over and watched me while Mom and Dad went out for a Dad's Day/date night dinner. Grandma knows that I love to dress up nowadays, so she brought me a fairy skirt, crown, and wand. Yay for Grandma! Even after a jampacked day, Saturday was really just the pre-Father's Day festivities.













When Mom and I woke up on Sunday, we quickly finished our Father's Day art projects - a t-shirt and homemade Father's Day card with my hand prints (thanks to Mrs. Allison, *wink, wink*); then we waited for Dada to get up so that we could give him all of his gifts: a Lucky t-shirt with a special message from me written on it, a homemade card, a picture collage coffee thermos, a wok, and special Margarita mix since Dad has been on a Margarita kick lately. We didn't have to wait long since Dada wanted to smoke a whole pork shoulder for Father's Day, and he had to start it at midnight and attend to it every few hours - guys are so weird! After a pancake breakfast and gift giving, Grandma got up, and we all played at the pool until lunch was ready. We had a feast that included pulled pork, potato salad, sweet corn relish, coleslaw, smoked corn on the cob, asparagus, and baked beans - all homemade. That's what Dada wanted for Father's Day. Of course, I enjoyed my red popsicle more than any of the homemade stuff! The rest of the day was a lazy Sunday that included a nap for Dada and a dinner of leftovers, for which Aunt Mal joined us. I was nice enough to share my popsicle with Aunt Mal, and she was nice enough to play Mario Kart on the Wii with Daddy. I hope you had an amazing Father's Day weekend, Dada! You deserved every minute of it for being such a wonderful Daddy! Mama and I love you soooooo much!

So, back to the diaper days of summer...Our AC downstairs went out this week, so I've gotten to spend quite a bit of time running around in nothing but a diaper. I was sporting a diaper the other day while indulging in my current favorite pasttime: climbing onto the arm of the couch and running down like it is a hill, as well as climbing up onto the back of the couch and giving orders from my throne above the rest. I'm queen of the house, or just the couch - whatever. I even sport a diaper when it rains, which it did almost every afternoon last week. Summer is hot, and I look hot in a diaper, so I guess it's all good!
Couch Running:


Last Thursday was my last Gymboree class until fall. We are so busy in the summer that Mom and I decided to take a little break from Gymboree. It was also Lucas' last class since he and his Mommy are doing the same. I believe the concept was up and down; however, I was running around like a wild woman, enjoying every last minute that I didn't really pay attention to the concept. There were some new activities integrated in with the old, like a launching pad from which we jumped to Mrs. Allison, a slope that we ran down, an airlog jump, and a platform for climbing. However, Luke and I made sure to fit in some old favorites, like the trampoline, the green circle slide, the wavy slide, and the rocking horse. We also took a few moments to sit on the airlog and say our goodbyes. Of course, I was overly enthusiastic during the calling of Baby Gymbo; Ms. Michelle played along and called back and forth with me, which made everyone else laugh. I really am a true entertainer. Luke gave me a big hug under the parachute; even though, we are still going to see each several times a week. After class, we both gave Ms. Michelle a big hug, and I gave her a thank you card for being such a great teacher. We hope we get you again in the fall, Ms. Michelle. I made sure to get 3 Baby Gymbo stamps before leaving. Lucas, the Moms, and I decided to do a special, end-of-Gymboree lunch, and Luke made sure to flag down the waiter to make sure I had everything I needed. What a gentleman! I, on the other hand, rolled my eyes at Lucas when he took a cracker off of my plate. I wonder who wears the pants in this friendship - just kidding, Luke. It was sad to say goodbye to Gymboree, but I know that time will fly, and I'll be back calling Baby Gymbo before I know it.

Hugs from Lucas are always welcome!

I'll follow Lucas anywhere:

Airlog Bounce:

Enjoying our favorite slide one last time:

Yes, I am that funny! Here's to enthusiastically calling Baby Gymbo and making everyone crack up:

One last ride on the Gymboree Choo-Choo:


On Friday, Mrs. Steph Molletta came up to go to the pool and out to lunch with Mom and me. Mrs. Steph has a baby in her belly too! This baby in belly stuff is getting a little confusing; I mean, does EVERYONE have a baby in her belly right now!? Mrs. Steph is actually due today, and she still looks so cute! As far as we know, no baby has come yet, but I can't wait to meet her! As long as you don't go into labor, we'll see you tomorrow, Mrs. Steph. We are trying to keep her busy until Miss Madelyn decides to join us.

Belly babies weren't the only source of excitement last week; I also had my very first blue-raspberry lollipop, and it turned my tongue blue! I could not stop sticking it out and staring at it. A blue tongue has got to be the coolest thing I have seen yet; oh, the lollipop was really good also, so thanks to my dry cleaning man. However, Mom was a little freaky about the whole thing and kept saying, "Don't bite it; just lick it". That Mom is such a worry-wart; I think that I can handle a lollipop, especially one that turns my tongue blue!

By the way, Mom wants you all to know that the Terrible Twos have begun because I have been very whiny, indecisive, and insistent lately. However, I'm hear to tell you to get used to it because two or not two, I like things MY WAY! I also like to say, "Mama" about 4 million times a day now, and if she doesn't answer me, I will just say it over and over with mounting determination. Mom also wishes that she had never taught me the word more; I want more of everything - to see more trucks when we are driving, to see more dogs when we are running, to watch more choo-choos when we are home, to go down the big slide more times when we are at the pool, and so on and so forth. In fact, I don't even wait until the first truck or dog or slide ride has passed before I start asking for, "More" or saying, "Again!" I think that Mom's new favorite saying is, "You know, you really wear me out, but I love you anyway" because I have heard that a lot lately.

Well, we are off for our daily run, during which I can lay back and get comfy while I wave to all of the dogs we pass: Yes, choo-choo Rosie does go running with us. Have a great week, and try to stay cool! You can always do what I do and run around in a diaper!







1 comment:

spurnell said...

Baby Gymbo video is classic. Those shorts look super cute on her, too.