Sunday, May 17, 2009

The rain won't stop me - no, no...

Note: Title is to the tune of the "Static Won't Stop You" song, just in case you didn't get it.

The insane amount of rain has not stopped me these last few weeks. This weekend was the annual Pet-A-Palooza at Suwanee Park. I attended the festival last year, but seeing as it is hard to see the festivities from inside Mom's stomach, this year was much more entertaining. Opie and I were really worried that we weren't going to get to go because of the rain, but we waited it out in the car and then we were on our way. The mix of people and dogs was quite interesting; in fact, some of them were just plain strange, dogs included. A few of the dogs got all dolled up for the event, painted nails and all. I should have worn a dress to compete because no one even commented on my level of cuteness; darn dogs took all of the attention. Mom, Dad, Opie, and I walked around and checked out all of the booths, listened to some live music in the amphitheatre, and watched a Frisbee show, which didn't really catch my attention. Later in the day, my Great Aunt Marsha and cousin Haley brought their two dogs, Charlie and Oscar, as well as a neighbor's dog that drooled everywhere. Opie was so excited to see Oscar and Charlie, and having them there really seemed to put Opie at ease; Dad thinks that Opie just needed some guys around to have his back, just in case. I know - Dad is a dork. I was really excited to see Aunt Marsha since I haven't seen her very much thus far. We hung out with them for an hour or so and then I made it known that it was nap time, which ended up consisting of about 25 minutes in the car and a refusal to lay down when we got home. It's hard to sleep on the weekends because I don't want to miss any Daddy-time. Pet-A-Palooza was a huge success, despite the cruddy weather and wet dogs. Opie and I can't wait for next year.
















This weekend also consisted of a night out for Mom. I was happy to stay home and entertain old Dad - and I really do mean old; remember, it was his birthday last week - while Mom went out with Teri and Allyson to celebrate Mrs. Teri's upcoming birthday. Mom had a great time, and I was so excited when Mrs. Teri woke up with me the next morning. She fed me my bottle and played with me until Mom got up, which Mom really appreciated - I could tell. Mrs. Teri is so much fun! Happy almost Birthday, Mrs. Teri! I hope you have a blast in Italy; Mom and I are so jealous; although, I don't think I would be able to handle the plane ride quite yet.


On a parting note, feeding myself is going extremely well, as you can see. Mom has given up on the bib and decided that stripping me down after eating is a far better route.

No comments: