Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Sunny Day / Sweepin' the Clouds Away"

I love sunny days, and sunny weekends are even better! The nicer the weather gets, the busier my schedule becomes. This weekend was one of the busiest weekends I have had to date. On Friday, Mom and I met her old co-workers at Olde Blind Dog Tavern. I had a great time smiling at everyone as they oohed and awed. I also got to have a little taste of lemon and pickle, pickle being my favorite; however, one of the lovely, delicious items made the side of my mouth swell up, which freaked Mom out, so we had to leave early. I just don't understand how something as wonderful as food can cause a negative reaction - the injustice of it all!

Saturday was really crazy. Mom and I attended Jill Barrow's baby shower in the early afternoon; she was Mom's babysitter when Mom was young - I don't really buy that Mom was ever young, but whatever. The shower was really nice, and I was the youngest guest in attendance, which warranted a lot of special attention. Ladies just can't get enough of the cheeks! Jill looked great, and I am very excited to find out if she has a boy or a girl. After the shower, we met Dad and went downtown to the Inman Park Festival with Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Ian. There were soooo many people to watch, and I got to hang out in my sling like the trendy young lady that I am. It was really hot outside, which caused my cheeks to turn bright red, but I love being outside, especially in the midst of all the action. I always enjoy seeing Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Ian. Uncle Ian is funny; he always makes fun noises at me. Aunt Stephanie wore a big sun hat to match mine, and I felt so cool hanging out with her downtown; although, I don't think she appreciated the dirty diaper I made just for her. I also got to see Ms. Lisa, Monroe, Ken, and Joe Guy down at the festival. Ms. Lisa was very entertaining; she took lots of pictures of me and carried me around. It was an exhausting day,but I had a blast!
Sunday was a little more relaxing. I went out to lunch with Mom and Dad, and I got to sit in a restaurant high chair for the first time. That's right! I'm so grown up. Dad kept laughing at me and saying that I looked like a full old man after Thanksgiving because after I ate lunch, I got comfy, lounged back on the pillow attached to my high chair cover, and picked a TV to watch while still sporting traces of lunch on my face. It was like heaven; there were TVs everywhere, and I got total freedom over what I wanted to watch. I think that I like this new high chair thing. After lunch, Dad and I went and watched Mom play tennis. She is not very good, but don't tell her that I said that. She got beat by a woman who was like 90 years old - sad, Mom! Ms. Teri walked me around and played with me so that I did not get bored during the match. She is super fun and always willing to do whatever I want; I see us becoming lifelong friends. When we got home, I enjoyed the best part of my weekend - playing with Dad on the couch and trying to bite him with my non-existent teeth. I love
Dad-time! He really knows how to crack me up, and the evening was truly the icing on my perfect weekend cake. (Oh, and the icing on Mom and Dad's perfect weekend cake is that I am totally done with my 10:30 p.m. feeding, so I now sleep from 8 to about 7 with no interruptions.)










This week is going to be just as busy as this past weekend. It is so hard to be a baby socialite. Yesterday, I had my swim class, and my new favorite thing to do is drink the pool water. I think I look pretty cute kicking around the pool with my tongue darting in and out of the water; however, I don't think Mom agrees, but what does she know? Owen splashed water in my face, which I didn't mind too much, and Luke, not Luke Wheeler but a different Luke, blew kisses at me from across the pool. There are definitely advantages to being the only girl in a group. My new goal is to play a male-dominated sport and keep this attention going. Ms. Maria even held me after class yesterday; I am beginning to warm up to her. All in all, swim class went pretty well, as you can see from the pictures Mom took of me hanging out at the YMCA after class. We also went to the grocery store, and I tried that restaurant-high-chair-thing again when we took Dad out for a Monday-blues beer after work. I love to smile at EVERYONE now, mostly because it is my way to demand attention from all who pass. I also tried to feed myself strawberry-apple puffs last night, but I think Opie got more in his mouth than I got in mine. (The sippy cup attempt last week didn't go so well either, but I refuse to give up; you will be mine eventually, apple juice.) Today, I will be attending the Gymboree Play and Learn 2 class with Lucas Wheeler - bubbles, here I come - and then I am having dinner at Grandma Purnell's house. Also lined up for this week: another swim class, a neighborhood play group, and lunch with the ladies. It should be a fun week! Don't worry though; I'll keep you updated.

Here's a little taste of my 6-month pictures that I get to pick up on Wednesday; eat your heart out Heidi Klum; there is a new body in town:

No comments: