Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'm going to be a Big Sister!!!

I finally get to make the most exciting announcement of my life; I am going to get a baby brother in January! Besides a momentary desire for a sister, and the omission that "chocolate is better" than a baby brother, I am beyond stoked. By the way, I only said chocolate is better because chocolate is immediate gratification, and we all know that I love anything that is immediately gratifying. In the last 4 days since I found out about my upcoming addition, I have really started contemplating my role as a big sister. I know I'll need to help feed the baby bottles before bedtime and change stinky diapers and sing to the baby. I am under the assumption that babies only cry when they poop though, - not sure where I got this idea - but I am ready to face the rude awakening. I cannot wait to be a big sister and meet my baby brother! I am now going to let Mom help me make the rest of this beyond exciting announcement.

Liv Finding Out About Her Baby Brother:

I am so, so excited to finally be able to write this blog and share our news with everyone near and dear to our hearts. We have Baby #2 on the way! Steve and I were so thrilled to find out on May 2nd, the day we got back from San Fran, that we are expecting our second little bundle of joy. The last few months have come with some challenges, seeing as we had to once again do genetic testing while hoping and praying for a healthy baby. On July 14th at 14 weeks pregnant, we found out that we are having a healthy baby boy, who is unaffected by Cystic Fibrosis. It was an emotionally overwhelming day of relief, excitement, love, and happiness. Seeing as Steve was in San Francisco when the call came in, we waited until Friday to tell Olivia together, along with Grandma and Aunt Mallory. I know we both felt like shouting it to the world, especially since many of our close friends and family still did not even know we were expecting! I was not only happy to tell Olivia so that she could be a part of this exciting time, but it was also nice to finally tell her why I have been throwing up daily, getting fat, and feeling tired. She was starting to complain about her stomach and pretend to throw up along with me - Great! I gave my 2-year-old a complex. - It was also good because she had started asking the previous week if I had a baby in my tummy. Our good friend, Allison Wheeler, is two weeks ahead of me, and Lucas, Liv's best friend as all of you know, has been talking about the baby in his mommy's tummy, so Liv started to figure it out. What can I say? She is a genius. By the way, surprisingly, I stopped throwing up the day we found out that the baby is okay, which leads me to believe that I was even more anxious and stressed about the waiting than I even realized, and I was pretty anxious and stressed, since I have been really sick. Every minute of sickness and worry is worth it though. Olivia is really excited; at first, when we told her our "surprise", she wanted a surprise she could eat, but by the next morning, it was sinking in. She woke up on Saturday and wanted to see her baby; then she said, "Awww! That's such a cute baby!" before giving my stomach an Eskimo kiss and talking about her role as a big sister. She also strictly forbade me from putting my shirt down all morning because she wanted to be able to see her baby. We are all so thrilled, and we feel so blessed that we are being given the gift of another healthy child. We are also beyond excited to be given the opportunity to raise one of each, a girl and a boy. I know Liv is going to be the best big sister, jealousy and all. Now, we get to start just enjoying this pregnancy and battling over boy names! Just so you know, Liv has decided she wants to name her brother Baby Brother (sometimes Boy) or PGo, apparently after the Throwers' dog!? Thank you to those of you who have been so supportive over the last couple of months, for I will admit that they have been some of the most difficult months, and the whole Kendig family cannot wait to introduce our little boy sometime around January 11, 2012!

The Morning After Liv Found Out:

Baby Boy:

8 Weeks

12 Weeks

Baby Boy Bump Watch 2011 - The Catch-Up Addition:

Week 6

Week 11

Week 12



& Healing Hands

Week 14


Week 15

No comments: