Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pre-Christmas Practice Run

This past weekend provided some much needed present practice so that I can be as efficient as possible on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning; there's no time to waste when there are presents to open.

Last week, we had a Playgroup Christmas Party at Mrs. Lindsi's house. We all brought a dessert, and the Moms had a white elephant present exchange, whatever that is; all I know is that Mom was very excited about the AMC gift certificate and coupon for babysitting, so thank you, Mrs. Allison. The Moms played with their cameras and took some pictures of themselves, and then it was the baby photo shoot, which was much cuter, in my opinion. It was wonderful to celebrate the holidays with all of my favorite friends. Four of us can now walk, and I am the only girl out of the four, which suits me to a tee. Although there were tons of toys to play with and desserts to eat, Lucas, Boris and I decided that the toilet was much more fun. Who needs toys when you have a toilet on which to drum! I love my Playgroup, and the holiday party was a blast! I can't wait to see what everyone gets from Santa Clause.

























To begin the festive weekend, Mom and Dad attended the SoloHealth, Dad's small start up company, Christmas party on Friday night, and I had my first ever non-relative babysitter, Mrs. Lindsi. I cried a little when Mom and Dad left, but then Mrs. Lindsi gave me a full juice box to carry around the house, which quickly pacified me. Juice is the way to my heart! I got juice everywhere, and I enjoyed every minute of it. After the juice box, I was very good for Mrs. Lindsi. Thank you, Mrs. Lindsi; you are an awesome babysitter! Back to the Christmas party, Dad and Mom had a wonderful time with Dad's SoloHealth family. It was crazy though because just two years ago, the company Christmas party consisted of only Bart, his wife Ally, Dad, and Mom. Now, the company has grown to 8 employees and their spouses, so the Christmas party seemed huge! The people at Sugo were wonderful, and everyone had a great time; Mom should have taken her good camera though. Here's to another successful year for SoloHealth!

Now, to the most important portion of the weekend, Grandma, Aunt Stephanie, Uncle Ian, Mrs. Sharon, and Mr. Carl all came up on Saturday. I actually pointed to Grandma when someone said Grandma, so she was really excited, and I wasn't so sure about Mr. Carl at first, but I definitely warmed up to him by the end of the day. After a great lunch at Cinco's, thanks to Uncle Ian, we all came back to our house and opened presents!!! Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Ian are spending Christmas in New York this year, so we had to celebrate a little early with them. I quickly became a present-opening-master! I do, however, like to take my time and enjoy the opening process. It was so exciting! I even helped Aunt Stephanie open her gifts, and decorated my butt with a beautiful Christmas bow, which actually got stuck totally on its own and stayed there the entire evening. Speaking of great gifts, Grandma brought me a new book, but I don't get the rest of her gifts until Christmas Eve. Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Ian loaded me up like always. I got the cutest Little People nativity scene complete with a baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the angel, the 3 wise men, a cow, a sheep, a donkey, and best of all, a camel; they spit, don't cha know. I also got a dress, a Lucky onesie, with a matching shirt for Mom, and a replica 1968 Frank Zappa t-shirt, of which Aunt Stephanie has a matching t-shirt. However, the best gift of all is my very own shopping cart! I like to push Pooh Bear around while shopping for nativity people. At first, I was better at pulling the cart, but now, I have the pushing concept down, and I think that it is hilarious when one of the grownups pushes my cart; they look so stupid pushing a mini, pink shopping cart! Mrs. Sharon and Mr. Carl got me the greatest sweater poncho, which I received a couple of weeks ago and have gotten many compliments on since. Thank you, Aunt Stephanie, Uncle Ian, Mrs. Sharon, and Mr. Carl; you all spoil me rotten, and I love it. I'll miss you guys on Christmas Eve! I hope you have an awesome time in NY, Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Ian. I've gotten in my Christmas practice, so now, I am ready for the real deal!



I even had a trial run for my Christmas Eve dress; unfortunately, it involved waiting in line for almost 2 hours to scream on Santa's lap for about 20 seconds. It was terrifying! I don't know whose brilliant idea it was to make me sit on a big bearded man's lap, but I don't appreciate it. It was fun playing with the little girl in front of me in line and pretending to wash the cushions off with bottled water. At least, Grandma and Aunt Mallory came and stood in line with us. Grandma even took me on the Christmas train around the mall, and Aunt Mallory came home with us and chased me around the house with my shopping cart, which almost made up for the Santa experience. The dress looked good though, so that's all that matters.










































By the way, I have a new best friend. His name is Winnie the Pooh, and I insist on taking him everywhere now. Also, just so you know, I may be calling you in the near future, so have your phones handy. I have already called 911 twice from Dad's phone and Aunt Mallory, an old student, and an old co-worker from Mom's phone. I'm a social butterfly; what can I say!?



May your Christmas be merry and bright!

No comments: