Saturday, September 26, 2009

"It's raining; it's pouring. The Old Man is Snoring..."

I mean that quite literally because Dad is still in bed, and he definitely tends to snore sometimes. He needs his rest though because he travels all the time now, and he was gone most of last week.

Back to the point:
I have witnessed, via the news, history in Georgia over the last two weeks because of the torrential downpours. Much of Georgia has experienced historical flooding this last week, and thousands of people have lost their homes. I feel very lucky to have not been affected, but my heart goes out to those who have.




























The one upside to the rain is that my raincoat has gotten tons of use over the last couple of weeks. It finally fits perfectly, and it has definitely helped in keeping me dry. The raincoat is not the only necessary wardrobe addition; the temperature has started getting cooler over the last few weeks, so Mom and I are preparing for fall. Goodbye, bathing suits, and hello, long sleeve shirts and awesome, new winter coat, which I probably will not be able to debut for a little longer, but it was too cute to resist; the people in the dressing room even agreed. I also did a little tribute to the 80s the other day with my totally trendy leg warmers; you can't deny that I am a style icon. Mom and I will be starting the hunt this coming week for leggings to go with my new jean skirt. I love to shop, as long as we are shopping for me. It looks like my fall wardrobe is coming along quite nicely, and to go along with the cooler weather is football season. Dad is super excited for college football, so I made sure to get ready as well. I've got my touchdown moves and my high fives ready to go; although, I am not a circus animal, Mom, not even for the camera. Now, I have to make the difficult decision - to root for the Bulldogs or the Jackets come Thanksgiving!? I have a feeling that I am a Bulldog girl; like Dad always says, "You go to Tech to get the degree but Georgia to find the girl". I appease Dad by donning my GT gear every Saturday, but my UGA cheerleading outfit is just waiting upstairs for November 28th. Go college football - touchdown, high five!


Due to the rain, Mom, Dad, and I just took it easy last weekend. The highlight of the weekend was the balloon that the Publix guy gave me. I was going crazy with it in Publix, and everyone was laughing, but it is a little more difficult to play with a balloon in a car due to space restrictions, just in case you wanted to know for future balloon adventures. Anyways, who knew that a balloon could provide such entertainment!? Balloons are a definite necessity for the impending big day, birthday #1.



Mom and I have been taking it easy and just playing at home this week, as you can see from the video. I have been getting quite daring with my new chair and desk toy. Before Mom knows it, I'll be jumping over the back; I already throw all of my toys over the back. My new thing is to repeat one action with all of my toys; for example, I will line every single one of my small toys up along the TV stand or throw every single one of my small toys over the back of my little chair. Dad hopes this is not a sign that I inherited Mom's OCD tendencies, but Mom and I know that we're not OCD; we're just meticulous. I'm also a big fan of the Where's Olivia game. I have had to find ways to entertain myself since we are trying to only go out in the nasty weather when it is absolutely necessary. I am even going through running withdrawal, so I put on Mom's running shoes the other day, just to make myself feel a little better. Oh, I know where shoes go; don't you worry about that. Please, come back soon, sunshine.


The worse thing ever happened this week: I got sick! It is the first time that I have really been sick, with the exception of the cold that I got when I was about 3 months old, but that didn't require medicine. I started feeling kind of yucky around Tuesday, and I refused to eat, but Mom just thought that I was cutting another tooth because I kept grabbing my mouth. In her defense, I actually am getting my 5th tooth right now. I wouldn't eat very much on Wednesday either, but Mom really got worried on Thursday when I woke up feeling extremely hot. After taking my temperature and finding out that it was 101.4, "Mama called the doctor, and the doctor said," let's get her in here. While waiting at the doctor's office, on the sick side nonetheless, I met two little boys who put on quite a show for me. They kept falling on the floor, which made me laugh hysterically, and playing peek-a-boo with the window in the movie room. I reciprocated by blowing kisses, performing touchdown moves, and clapping. All of the nurses came from the well side just to see me. I was the hit of the sick waiting room. My good mood and air kisses continued, even in the exam room, until Dr. Silverman listened to my heart with the stethoscope; from then on, it was absolute hysterics until we left. At least I got to play with the paper on the exam table for a few minutes before the mean 'ole doctor got a hold of me. The diagnosis: I have a double ear infection, which resulted from a cold that I probably caught while on the airplane last week. I knew that there was something bad about that plane ride home. Just for the record, I now weigh 21 lbs. and 12 ounces. After leaving the doctor's office, I slept for 4 hours straight; that doctor's visit was a scarring event.

The double ear infection has caused me to be quite grumpy over the last few days, which is very rare, but I can't help it; I feel miserable, which is totally apparent. My eyes look so tired, and my nose has been so stuffy. To make matters worse, I hate the medicine, and I refuse to take it, so Mom and Dad have been trying everything. I manage to spit a good portion of it out each time. Now, my morning bottle has started to taste a little strange; I don't know why, but I've been hesitantly drinking it anyways. My taste buds must be messed up from the cold. Mom better not be pulling a fast one over on me. I hope I feel better soon! The cake that Aunt Mallory brought me on Tuesday has been helping a little; I eventually had to say forget the spoon because it wasn't getting the cake into my mouth fast enough. Aunt Mallory brought it so that I could practice for the big day. Also, Grandma and Aunt Stephanie came up on Thursday night to see me after my horrific doctor's appointment. Grandma got me a really fun Peek-a-Boo Kisses book that squeaks when you press the mouse's belly. I love it! It helped me feel a little better as well. I could not stop giving Aunt Stephanie high fives; in fact, I was pretty much demanding them. Oh, being sick is not something that I want to repeat very often! If I feel okay tomorrow though, I get to go down to Atlanta and spend the day with Aunt Stephanie and Mom while Dad and Uncle Ian go to the golf tournament; therefore, I'll be taking it easy today and just watching the Tech game at home with Dad.

By the way, the countdown to my big birthday bash has begun: two weeks from tomorrow! Yay! I can't stop smiling in anticipation.
(Actually, Mom just wants to show off the dimples.)





1 comment:

spurnell said...

Finally watched the videos on this one. Love the one where she's playing the "Where's Olivia?" game, even though she's in that Tech onesie. Does she have a UGA onesie? If not, she needs one.