Monday, August 10, 2009

I've got places to go and people to see!

I am working on a better means of mobility so as to go those places and see those people. I have found that the objects not meant for pushing work better than the actual walkers. I do things the 'Livie Way'. I have also started walking along the furniture; my favorite piece of furniture to hold on to as I walk is the TV stand, especially if there are DVDs at the end to throw.

It is a good thing that I have started practicing the whole walking deal because my weekends keep getting busier and busier, and I do not think that there is going to be a slowdown anytime in the near future. This past weekend was filled with fairs, fun, friends, and festivities. On Saturday, Grandma came up, and we all went to this little fair that Dad passes everyday on the way to and from work. It was a good idea, Dad, but it was way too hot to even enjoy it. Grandma got me a snow cone, which I found quite tasty, and I spent the rest of the afternoon with a bright red mouth. Dad won me a little stuffed frog on his first try at the balloon pop booth; I refused to pet the stinky horses; we made one lap around the fair, and we were out of there. Thirty minutes of pure sweat is good enough for me. I'll just have to wait for the Cumming fair in October to really get the full experience. By the way, walking around the Cumming fair last year is what caused Mom to go into labor, so it will be like a little anniversary. This weekend, I also felt grass for the first time, and I am not a fan. I tried to keep both of my legs up in the air so that I wouldn't have to touch the grass with my bare skin, and there is no way I was going to crawl on those horrible little spikes. I even pointed out the bugs in hopes that the rents would get me out of that terrible predicament, but instead they just laughed at my expense. How rude! By the way, I like to point at everything now, just so you know. I believe that my days as an outdoorsy girl have already expired.











Sunday was Hudson's 1st birthday party; Happy Birthday, Hudson. The party was during nap time, so after a ten minute nap on the way there that did not suffice, I spent the first hour trying to keep my eyes open and figure out what in the heck was going on. A little taste of cupcake and icing fixed that though. The party was prince-themed, so I got to, or was forced to, wear a crown, but I got a little scepter when I left, which made up for the crown embarrassment. Playing the part of princess was a piece of cupcake. I was really excited that Lucas was there. I hung out with him most of the time, and he kept me entertained by bringing me toys. I am not big on crawling in strange environments, and there were so many people that I didn't want to get trampled. Luke even grilled up a fake hot dog and fed it to me; he takes such good care of me. Hudson tried to play a little doctor with me; don't worry, Dad, I didn't indulge him. I did, however, have a great time with the tissue paper from his gifts. It's the little things in life that count. Mrs. Allyson had bubbles, a kiddie pool, and a slip n' slide, but I didn't feel like getting wet because I didn't want to mess up my hair, so I didn't partake. Hudson enjoyed his cake thoroughly, and I enjoyed the attention from some of my favorite people like Mrs. Teri, Mrs. Lisa, Mrs. Allison, and Mr. Justin. The fun didn't even stop there because Mrs. Lisa came home to have dinner with us, and she stayed until bedtime to wish me sweet dreams. It was an awesome and tiring day, so on Monday morning, I decided to sleep in until 8:15! You're welcome, Mom. I also got in some of my own present opening practice when I knocked over Mom's old gift bags and ripped the tissue paper to shreds. Just to make sure that it didn't taste as good as it looked, I took a little bite of the tissue paper, but it wasn't as good as the dog food that Dad confiscated from my mouth the other day. I mean, they keep it on the floor, so how can I resist! Life - it's so complicated! At least I can clap for myself now, which makes everything I do a celebration.




























































Speaking of something to celebrate, I was introduced to my first staircase today at Lucas' house, and I wasted no time conquering it. I climbed up that staircase three times, without any prior practice I might add. I'm amazing; I know! I even turned around a couple of times to wave down to Mom and make sure that she was watching. Good thing Mrs. Allison was right there, just in case. I have no time for fear. Lucas and I tore up a magazine or two, stood at the gate and banged on the bars like little inmates, and enjoyed some blueberries. He even gave me a couple of little friend kisses. Now, that's one great Tuesday!
* Sorry, Lucas, Mommy's computer is broken, so I am having to use Daddy's, and I can't get your picture to rotate. It's a really cute picture, so I had to include it; hopefully, your Mommy can rotate it.

No comments: