Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Finally, it has happened to me!"


I can finally crawl, and it is awesome; I can get into everything! Toys, shmoys...who needs 'em when you've got a coffee table and a couch to pull up on, as well as dog toys and shoes to go after!? I would rather have a box top any day. I started crawling last Wednesday, the evening before Mom and Dad left for their anniversary vacation; I didn't want Mom to miss the first crawl because I know that it would have crushed her. While they were gone, Grandma spent a lot of time on the floor with me, and I was able to perfect my craft before they returned. Mom and Dad went to Amelia Island, FL, from Thursday to Sunday to celebrate their 4-year wedding anniversary. Judging by the terrible sunburn with which Mom returned, I am guessing that they had a really nice time lounging around the pool and drinking cocktails without me. I guess I'll have to let them get away with it, but only once a year. Grandma Purnell spoiled...I mean babysat me while they were gone. It was like my own little vacation. She lets me get away with everything; I can't blame her though because I've got the adorable act down pat. She also gets me lots of different foods to try; I had such a plethora of food choices all day, everyday that I even had a puff left over to sport as a facial accessory - check out the picture below. Grandma and I went to the pool and to the mall; then Aunt Stephanie, whom I hadn't seen since I ate her sleeve at Grandma's house, and Uncle Ian came over and went out to lunch with us on Saturday. I was really excited to see them! I could not get enough of Uncle Ian; I even pulled myself up to a sitting position to watch him from my changing table. Aunt Stephanie and I played a little soccer, which was hysterical! That evening Aunt Mallory even came over and watched me so that Grandma could go out. I had so much fun with both of my Aunts that I couldn't even stay awake through my whole bottle, and that is really saying something. Grandma lets me do pretty much whatever I want, including get up at the butt crack of dawn, which I am attempting to make a regular habit. Thank you for watching me, Grandma; I loved every minute of it. Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!


























On Monday, I turned 9 months old, so now I've been out in the world for about the same amount of time that I was in, if you know what I mean. I have added professional crawler to my 9-month resume, so I can get around pretty easily now, which comes with its fair share of bruises on my forehead, from face planting, and on my knees, from the hardwoods. You would at least think that they would put down little mats all over the house for me. The uniform for a professional crawler seems to be a diaper sans shorts most of the time, which is cool with me because it makes it easier to get around, and it has been super hot lately. I am attempting to get into everything humanly possible this week because rumor has it the rents are going to finish childproofing the house this weekend. They gotta suck the fun out of everything! Mom also has to clean the floors pretty much every other day now to minimize the amount of Opie hairthat I am currently ingesting on a regular basis. Food is getting better and better as I get older. Now, I can pretty much eat whatever Mom and Dad have at meal time, which means a lot more variety for me. I am not big on the meats, but I love my strawberries and anything with cheese. I also have mastered the juice cup, which means that I rarely put it down - when you've got a good thing going, why quit? Life has become so much more fun in the last couple of months, and I can't help smiling and laughing most of the time. I still get very serious when I am studying something or someone and when I am in new social situations, but other than that, I am giggly and bubbly all the time. Grandma thinks that I am so smart that I was really bored when I was younger, and that's why I was crabby all the time. You know Grandmas are always right, so I think I'll just have to agree with her that my status as a genius must be the reason why I was so whinny back in the day. Anyways, I no longer like to be in my exersaucer or jumperoo because they just don't go anywhere, and I am quickly making Opie my best friend. A little cheese dropped here, and a bagel there; it doesn't take much to win him over. I know that this crawling thing eventually turns into walking, which sounds even better, so I am going to continue working on that. In fact, just the other day I pulled up to a complete standing position using my piano; this shouldn't take long to figure out. All of the new exercise has been making me svelte and wearing me out. Here's to 9 month me!

As a quick recap since I didn't get to blog last week, I had an awesome time at playgroup last Tuesday. In fact, I was so excited to see Luke that I tackled him in his living room, literally, and knocked both of us to the ground. He looked a little stunned, but I thought it was hilarious! I think falling in general is really funny. All of the crawling, playing, and practicing to be a concert pianist, amongst many other careers, has really made me sleep like a log lately.

Sorry to inundate you with all of the videos in this blog; I just want my Grandmas and Grandpas who live far away to be able to actually see what I am up to these days.

No comments: