Monday, June 29, 2009

"Wild Women Do..."

I am getting more and more devious as the weeks go on as evidenced by the look above, and I am not ashamed to admit it; in fact, I don't even try to hide it. If I'm not cruising around the house in my walker or on my new car, I am trying to crawl or roll to whatever it is I want. No one can stop me now! I get the idea of crawling, but my legs just won't do what I tell them to. I'm not worried though; I should have this crawling thing down in no time. Mom can no longer leave me alone for even a minute as I have started trying to climb on everything. This mobile thing is fun! I can bang on the coffee table and ottoman whenever I want, and I can reach almost anything I like; even if, I'm not supposed to. My toys have become mere instruments in my climbing glory. The danger is only part of the thrill and doesn't deter me in the least. On Saturday morning, on Dad's watch nonetheless, I tried to go from the sitting position to the crawling position but landed on top of one of my not-so-soft toys. My attempt resulted in my very first bruise, and it's right in the middle of my forehead. I'm sure everyone thinks that I am being horribly abused, which I may use to my advantage once I can talk. Pretty much the only times I'm not trying to crawl, roll, or climb is when I am sleeping and when Mom and I are out running. I am officially turning into a wild woman, and not even Opie is safe anymore. By the way, thank you for my cute, pink outfit, Grandma Kendig.










Besides spending most of my days trying to gain mobility, I have been keeping busy in other ways as well. Mom and I went to Athens on Friday to bid farewell to my Godmother, Kate. I am really going to miss her, but she got an awesome job in Lafayette, Louisiana, so she and JP are moving this week. I am sure that she is going to love her new job and her new house, and I take comfort in knowing that I am still going to see her on holidays. I hope the move goes smoothly, Godmom. This weekend was pretty laid back. Mom went out for Ms. Allyson's pre-birthday celebration on Friday, so I got some quality Dad-time, which was much needed after all of his traveling. Mom, Dad, and I worked on our tans at the pool over the weekend and did a little shopping at the mall. I even helped Dad read the newspaper on Sunday. Gotta keep up with the current events, don't'cha know! I read that Michael Jackson died, and after watching some of his music videos with Mom, I know that we lost a musical genius. I even started my new routine of eating dinner at the same time as the rents because I am all grown up; last night I had hamburger, peas, baked beans, and the one thing I could not get enough of - french fries! Dad had to have a little talk with me about table etiquette after I passed a little loud gas and very obviously took a potty break during dinner. Like he has any business telling me about etiquette; when ya gotta go, ya gotta go. Tonight is chicken, guacamole, cheese, and flour tortilla; the big time has begun! Not to worry, all of the meat and most of the veggies are organic, no growth hormones, antibiotics, or pesticides for me. Overall, it was a pretty quiet weekend, which is good because I hear that this upcoming weekend is going to be crazy with our annual 4th of July party. Fireworks - we'll see what I think about those.

I am working on perfecting the art of waving bye-bye. I have pretty much got it down, and I feel that it is important to wave goodbye to everything, including the fridge, the door, the wall, and Opie; I don't want anyone or anything to feel left out. On a side note, I realize that I appear to have a wicked unibrow in the following video, but I assure you that I do not. Whenever I strain, like when I am trying to crawl, the space between my eyebrows gets red, which is so embarrassing! Bye-bye for now.

No comments: