Monday, June 8, 2009

Surprise Grandma!

This weekend was crazy! Friday was the calm before the storm. Dad stayed home, and we helped Mom get the house ready for Grandma's surprise birthday party. I even found a little time to play with Dad and Opie, as well as Mom's sunglasses. Everything Opie does is hilarious; he is my favorite source of entertainment right now. I even got a little story time with Daddy before bed.

I'm glad I relaxed on Friday because Saturday was wild! Mom, Dad, Aunt Stephanie, and Aunt Mallory threw Grandma a surprise 60th birthday at our house. So many people came to help celebrate her milestone birthday. It started out really funny because when Grandma got here, everyone was waiting in the backyard to surprise her, but she carried in all of these toys that she had gotten for me, and she wanted to show me everything. We kept telling her to take Baxter outside, but she didn't get the hint. When she finally did go outside, she was so surprised. All of her friends yelled, "Surprise!". It was awesome. We had tons of food and a Cosmopolitan bar to go along with the theme of Linda's turning the big 6-0, let's celebrate with a Cosmo. Mom and Aunt Mallory put balloons and streamers all over the yard; Dad and I actually picked the balloons up earlier that afternoon, and we had to drop them off at the house before getting the cake because I did not like them floating around me in the backseat. Inconvenience is not my thing. I was able to stay up long enough to watch Mom, Aunt Mallory, and Aunt Stephanie give a really nice speech for the champagne toast to Grandma, but I had to go to bed before the cutting of the cake and the singing of Happy Birthday, about which I am still upset. I miss all of the good stuff. Grandma got lots of nice gifts, and the party went on well into the night. Grandma even stayed up partying until 4 a.m.! I would never have made it. All in all I think the party was a great success! Grandma seemed to be really surprised, and she seemed to have a great time. Thanks to everyone for coming up for her party, and Happy Birthday, again, Grandma! We hope it was the best birthday since your 40th.




























































The fun didn't even stop on Sunday. Mrs. Lisa and Mr. Monroe came up and went to the pool with Grandma, Aunt Mallory, Sebastian, Mom, Dad, and me. I got to try out my new raft, which works much better than the last one. I swam for an hour or so, but I was so tired from Saturday that Grandma had to take me back home to have a 30 minute nap, which was the only nap I took all day yesterday! When I woke up, Mrs. Sharon was at our house; she had to bring Grandma's purse back because she accidentally took it home on Saturday night - the sign of a great party. Then everyone came back from the pool, and we all hung out into the evening. By 7:00, I was wiped out! I took a bath and headed straight to bed. That was one heck of a weekend! Here's to a much more relaxing, slow-paced week. Oh, and good luck on CNBC this morning, Daddy. You are going to be famous - way cool!

No comments: