Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Beginning of My Fishy Days

Today was my very first swim class, and it was a blast! There were five other kids in the class, and of course, they were ALL boys. Once again, I got to be the only girl; I am starting to like this role. I was the youngest in the class, and the only other boy close to my age, Max, was nine and a half months old. Two of the boys cried almost the entire time - wusses! I really liked the water, and I didn't even mind when Mom splashed water in my face; I can't look like a big baby in front of all the guys. I still had to be cautious, like always, so I didn't crack but one smile in the pool, and that smile was just for the camera. I was practicing for my photo shoot at 3:00 today. During the class, we sang songs, kicked in a circle, sat on the edge, blew bubbles, passed a ball, and threw a duck around the pool. I actually sucked on the duck more than I threw it; I have to maintain my rebel status. Apparently, after the Moms and Tots class was an older aerobic class, and the older ladies loved me. I'm getting quite used to that reaction. No one could believe that I am only 6 months old; I'm not sure whether to take this as a compliment or not. I think that it is simply a comment on my obvious maturity. Anyways, the only time I got a little fussy was when I had to change out of my bathing suit in the locker room; the middle of nap time is not the best time to maneuver a wet swim diaper off of my little butt. I can't wait to swim with Ms. Maria and the rest of the class next week. For now, I am off to take a nap to get ready for my 6-month photos happening this afternoon, just another addition to my modeling portfolio. Oh, and by the way, Happy Tax Day to all, especially Grandma Purnell and the crew at Carr Riggs & Ingram.

No comments: