Friday, March 6, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood...

So, this weather stuff is confusing! On Sunday it was so cold that I got to see snow, and today was so warm that we got to go to the park. It's a good thing I don't dress myself, or I would really be in a tizzy.


Anyways, my boys and I headed to Sims Lake Park with the moms today. It was so pretty out! The wind felt really good; it kind of tickled my face, which made me laugh, but it also made it hard to breathe at times, so I had to pant a little to catch my breath. We strolled around the lake while Brayden, my older boyfriend (a friend who is a boy, dad), rode his scooter. Then we stopped and fed the geese, but I was more interested in all of the people than the actual geese; they're geese for Pete's sake - boring. Of course, Mom insisted on taking several pictures; I better get a modeling contact after all of this practice. After we fed the geese, we got to play on the playground. I bounced in a bouncy car, went down the slide, and swung on a swing with Mom. It was quite eventful if I do say so myself. The park was packed, and one disgusting little boy kept spitting in the other kids' faces; boys can be so gross! I didn't go near him; I am way too classy for that. i took everything in while Luke was full of smiles, and Hudson was really sleepy. After working up an appetite, we headed to Chick-fil-A where the moms got to eat what I can only assume is tasty food, and I got my bottle. Go figure! Even with that small upset, the day was wonderful, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself; I didn't make even one disgruntled noise the entire time. On the way home, I was so exhausted that I barely made it out of the Chick-fil-A parking lot before being lulled to sleep, which continued well after we got home. I give the park two thumbs up!

I hope that I got dirty enough at the park to warrant another bath tonight because I love my new ducky bath towel. It's just another reason to look forward to bath time, like I need another reason. I have yet to find anything more fun than sucking on my plastic bath monkey while splashing Mom with my feet and getting her soaked. Hi-lar-i-ous!

On a side note, my teeth have been hurting really badly. I just wish that they would hurry up and get through my gums. It has been so painful lately that the only way to gain some relief is to suck on a really cold, wet towel. It was so bad the other day that it was interrupting my beauty sleep regiment, and although I was exhausted, I couldn't fall asleep until Mom gave me a cold towel to suck on, which finally allowed me to drift into dreamland. This teething stuff is a real pain. Do I really need teeth? This better be worth it!

2 comments:

Team Bickers said...

Olivia! You did so good at the park! We had a blast, even though Huddy boy fell asleep on you at the Chick. Love the stroller picture of you peeking out. Can't wait to see you again!

spurnell said...

Great pics. I was happy to see more babies in a row. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Hope I can get a smile from Miss. Olivia. I'm working on my funny voices.