Monday, February 16, 2009

Daddy's Sweetheart


This weekend I learned that Valentine's Day is the day of love, which doesn't mean too much to me since I get tons of love everyday. That being said, Dad asked me to be his Valentine, and of course, I said, "Woo", which I think means yes. I wore the Daddy's Sweatheart onesie that I got just for him all day; I could tell that he felt really special. Daddy also made Mommy feel special with really pretty red roses and a date to Restaurant Eugene followed by Cirque du Soleil; I'm starting to think that I should have ponied up for the onesie that said Mom and Dad went on a great date, and all I got was this lousy onesie for V-day. At least Aunt Mallory came over and watched me while Mom and Dad went out, so that kind of made up for not being invited out with them. Aunt Mallory was even here when I woke up the next morning; she can't get enough of me - not an uncommon sentiment.

Grandpa came all the way from West Virginia for Valentine's Day, which was really special, and to show my gratitude, I allowed my first big, belly laugh. I laughed continuously at the dogs, Baxter and Opie, chasing each other; they are much funnier than any people I have met.



I even got a few little gifts. Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Ian sent me my first Valentine's Day card, and Grandma Purnell got me my first Valentine's Day bear. The gifts were great, but the weekend was even better. I love love, not as much as I love food, but that is a whole other story, so I give Valentine's Day, or weekend, two thumbs up, as soon as my thumbs can part with my mouth.

I didn't get to see my Valentine's boys, Hudson and Luke, on actual Valentine's Day, but we did have our own little get together today as a celebratory measure. We celebrated baby style with a couple of play mats and some toys that light up; what could be better? Those boys couldn't keep their hands off of me; although, I did protest, Dad, I promise! I like older men though, and I only had eyes for Brayden. Maybe next year these boys will get on their game, and I will get roses just like Mom. Until then the attention absolutely sufficed.









In my world, nothing says Happy Valentine's Day like some really wet raspberries, so here you go! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: